Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Country girl gone to Los Angeles

I got called away from the farm for work in Los Angeles.  This is a challenge as I have to give up control of all of my precious animals until further notice.  My animals are my loving pets and not considered "farm stock" and the fear of losing any of them is troublesome.  I have to trust that my dearly beloved is going to take good care of them.  I am fully aware that they need not be cared for with anywhere near the attention I give them.  They are foragers.  They do not require the constant nurturing I give them.  My baby, Gus, is another matter.  He is very accustomed to, and in need of, the attention I give to him.  I bet they all manage fine without me for a few weeks.  For me this is a lesson in giving up control.  They won't be petted like I pet them, they won't be doted on like I dote on them but they will be good.  I will come home with a new appreciation of country life like only spending time in the city can cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment