Thursday, November 12, 2009

Round and Round

I call my trips to Los Angeles my gratitude trips because I come home nicer.  I come home grateful and aware of the blessings I have here on the farm.  I worry about my animals because the dearly beloved does not nurture the animals the way I do.  I am learning to accept the things I can't control, to control the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.  I know that the animals will be fed.  They won't be pampered and doted upon but they will be fed.  They are farm animals, they are foragers, they were fine.  Gus, the prince of Shih tzus was alive and greeted me at the airport.  He went right from the groomer to the airport.  He jumped up and down and ran around, excited to see me and ran right outside and rolled in the horse manure.  So much for pamering the animals. 
I missed autumn.  I'm sad for that but I am grateful  for the warm weather in LA and the good food.  I am grateful for the opportunitiy to work.  I'm blessed to have opportunities.   

No comments:

Post a Comment