Sunday, October 4, 2009

Here Comes the Vet (bills)


We were sitting around the breakfast table with the family this morning enjoying farm fresh eggs, bacon, sausage and fluffy biscuits when I looked outside and noticed that Abigail had drool pouring out of her mouth.  She had liquid gushing out of her nose as well.  I pointed it out to Fred.  We watched her for a bit as we cleaned up the breakfast dishes.  She didn't appear to be getting any better.  We started calling every horse afficianado we knew.  It's 10:30 on a Sunday morning.  Everyone is at church.  Finally I was told that there was a rodeo bronco rider who happened to be speaking at the Cowboy Church.  I jumped in the truck and flew down to the Cowboy Church just as church was letting out.  I found the cowboy, explained my situation and he agreed to follow me home.  At first he thought Abigail had gotten into some clover.  I happened to be missing the head to my scarecrow and I thought she may have eaten the head which is made out of styrofoam.  He admitted that he had never seen liquid pouring from a horse's nose and suggested we get ahold of a vet.  Delightful news to hear on a Sunday morning. 
This is a picture of Abigail and Dr. Smith standing in the rain on a Sunday afternoon.  He tranquilized her and ran a tube down  her throat while Fred held onto her.  We did not find the head to my scarecrow but there did appear to be a feed blockage.  Alls well that ends well.  The patient is doing well.  Dr. Smith will be taking his wife out to a very expensive dinner tonight.  Fred and I will be eating leftovers.  HA

No comments:

Post a Comment