Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome Autumn

It's Autumn.  The weather is cool.  The mornings are downright chilly.  It's fun to get up early, put on a sweatshirt and go off to feed the animals.  Today I was getting an early start with some bulbs for spring and cleaning up the remains of the summer garden.  Scotty (the California computer geek) got my scarecrows out of the barn rafters for me and laid them on the ground.  Andy the horse started eating their arms and legs.  We quickly moved them to a safe spot outside by the mailbox so all hay eating critters couldn't get to them.  Scotty  says I look like Dr. Doolittle the way all the animals follow me everywhere I go.  I like to believe that they're all just lovin' me but I've got a feeling it's the food....I guess it's a trust thing.  They trust that when I'm walking up to them, I've got food.

This is a picture of Andy.  He's really a cool horse.  He's bad and is constantly trying to get into the chicken pen to get the feed.  He's knocked the lids off the
chicken, goat feed and corn quite a few times.  Thankfully I've caught him before
he's eaten himself to death.  He's got some bad habits but they make him very endearing.  He's got lots of personality.  Abigail is a bit more reserved.  Her feet still hurt.  The farrier comes out again tomorrow so she should be doing better in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment