Friday, September 11, 2009

Selling the trailer and Disappearing Daisies


I tried to sell my small horse/pony trailer today. I thought I had concocted a good deal but Fred shot me down. I wanted $500 and a years worth of farrier service on both horses. Obviously a different farrier from the one that robbed me yesterday. This farrier, Michael, says that Farrier Greg was good and entitled to charge that much. I think they're both ganging up on me. My girlfriend, Julie, says that Greg trimmed Abigail's hooves too short and that's why she is limping and sore. I'm pretty much siding with Julie. She's pretty smart in the horse business. Oh, she says if Abigail has white line disease I need to see a vet. the Copper tok won't work for her - I don't know - I read everything I can find online and in books and all I get is more and more confused.
Abigail was eating one of my native flowering vines that is growing up the side of the playhouse. That is a crime in my garden as gardening is my number one passion. I ran outside and tried to move her while Fred was watching through the window. This was my big opportunity to show him what a pro I have become. I ran outside, grabbed her harness and I couldn't budge her. I couldn't drag her, I couldn't beg her - she refused to move. I would have had more luck dragging a mule away from that plant. Fred stood in the window and laughed at me for awhile. As soon as he left the window, Abigail moved across the yard. Isn't that the way it goes - they'll make an ass out of you everytime.
I let the goats "free range" for about an hour today while I ran a quick errand. I came back to a flower bed full of stems, minus flowers. Evidently in my entire 7 acres they haven't found any of the weeds they were brought to eat but the first time off the leashes and theyfound the zinnias and the daisies! More adventures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment