Sunday, September 13, 2009

California Computer Geek Catches Goats




My nephew Scott (from California) came by to spend the day with me. I introduced him to Max and Maggie. They were in the front yard on leashes. This amused Scott quite a bit as he has never seen goats on leashes before. In fact he's never seen goats before. I figured that if he's spending the day in the country he's gonna be country for the day. We loaded up the truck and hauled a bunch of trash off to the dump. Then we ate venison for dinner on the picnic table in the front yard with citronella candles burning to keep the mosquitoes at bay. Actually Scott is a very adventurous eater and has eaten venison on many ocassions. It's actually Iwho has yet to embrace venison on my plate or it's head and antlers hanging on my walls!
I assigned Scott the task of moving the goats into the chicken coop for the night. He fought and pulled and tugged yet the goats refused to move so I had him pick them up and carry them into the pen. I posted the photo of Scott conquering the goats. He actually has a look of victory on his face. I plan to immediately e-mail the photo to all of his friends back in California.
We then moved to the front pasture and gave Abigail her daily hoof treatment. He had to lift her feet without getting stomped to death. He actually did a pretty good job. I rewarded Andy and Abigail each with an apple for good behavior and I rewarded Scott with a bowl of banana pudding for his efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment